The new deadline for the University of Maine System’s Adult Degree Completion Scholarship for 2021-2022 is now available. The deadline for completion is Monday, June 1, 2021.
These funds are dedicated to support adult students returning to college after an absence of at least three (3) years or more and who are completing their very first baccalaureate degree. Applicants may qualify for up to $4,000 per academic year for up to eight (8) consecutive semesters.
- Must be a resident of the state of Maine.
- Must be a matriculated student at a UMS institution seeking a first baccalaureate degree.
- Must be an undergraduate reentry student who has experienced a gap (three years or more) in the pursuit of post-secondary education.
- Must have a minimum of 30 credits earned from any institution toward your degree.
- Must demonstrate financial need as determined by a completed FAFSA.
- Must be registered at least part time: six to eight credits per semester.
You can fill out the Adult Degree Completion Scholarship Application here.
If you need assistance with the application process please contact your MEOC Advisor.
The upcoming Oct. 1 start to FAFSA season is more important than ever according to the NY Times.
It’s especially important to apply early for financial aid this year, college experts say, because many families have suffered economically during the coronavirus pandemic and may have to take extra steps to qualify for maximum help.
That means families should complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid — the form known as FAFSA — as soon as they can. The form is a major gateway for financial help from the federal government, as well as from many states and colleges. The FAFSA for the 2021-22 academic year is available starting Thursday.
Need help filling out your FAFSA? Sign up for a session with an MEOC advisor!