The new deadline for the University of Maine System’s Adult Degree Completion Scholarship for 2021-2022 is now available. The deadline for completion is Monday, June 1, 2021.
These funds are dedicated to support adult students returning to college after an absence of at least three (3) years or more and who are completing their very first baccalaureate degree. Applicants may qualify for up to $4,000 per academic year for up to eight (8) consecutive semesters.
- Must be a resident of the state of Maine.
- Must be a matriculated student at a UMS institution seeking a first baccalaureate degree.
- Must be an undergraduate reentry student who has experienced a gap (three years or more) in the pursuit of post-secondary education.
- Must have a minimum of 30 credits earned from any institution toward your degree.
- Must demonstrate financial need as determined by a completed FAFSA.
- Must be registered at least part time: six to eight credits per semester.
You can fill out the Adult Degree Completion Scholarship Application here.
If you need assistance with the application process please contact your MEOC Advisor.
Maine Community Foundation launches Adult Learner Scholarship Fund
ELLSWORTH & PORTLAND – The Maine Community Foundation has launched the Adult Learner Scholarship Fund to support non-traditional students who want to change their lives for the better through education and training.
“Pursuing higher education as an adult – whether for the first time or not – can be stressful and full of challenges,” says MaineCF Director of Educational Initiatives Cherie Galyean. “The Adult Learner Scholarship is intended to help relieve some of the financial burden students take on so they can focus on what is important: school.” Continue reading