Are you a veteran either currently enrolled in college, or looking to go back to college? There’s a new Veteran’s Upward Bound (VUB) program available at the University of Southern Maine (USM) designed to help deal specifically with the issues of Veterans and postsecondary education. (FYI, you don’t have to be enrolled or looking to be enrolled at USM.)
This summer, they are running a Summer Bridge program for Veterans, and participants who complete the program will receive a $120 stipend.
Veteran’s Upward Bound Participant Application
Bridge Program Flyer
For more information on VUB, you can find them on Facebook and Twitter,@vubmaine, or call them at (207)780-4627.
MEOC is happy to welcome a new sister program to the state of Maine!
Veterans Upward Bound is a TRIO program that assists veterans beginning or returning to post-secondary education in a variety of ways. The program is tailored to meet individual needs in the following areas:
- Academic & skills assessment
- Tutoring and computer-based instruction
- Academic, financial aid, career and personal counseling
- Classroom instruction in reading, writing, math, as well as computer basics, study skills and other essential subjects
- Assistance in completing college admission & financial aid applications.
If you are a veteran who might be interested in Veterans Upward Bound more information is available on their website: https://usm.maine.edu/trioprograms/veterans-upward-bound.